Re: Colored footprints

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Leslie Miller (zandee)
Tue, 3 Sep 1996 23:00:28 -0400 (EDT)

Marilyn,
A few years ago the kindergarten teacher and I used acrylic paints and
sponges and many mother and father volunteers to paint our hands on the wall
for the hundred days celebration. I think kindergarteners and first grades
did it. One hundred hands. They pushed hands onto a sponge soaked in the
paint, climbed up a ladder with me printed on the wall and then down the
ladder to the clean up crew. The hands are still there! It's the only hall
in school that looks like children live there. We also painted feet out in
the court yard.

Plain old tempera with soap in it works too. The soap to make it come off
more easily. But, of course, that's not permanent.
Leslie