Re: Museums

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Kathrine L Walker (klwalk)
Tue, 3 Sep 1996 16:23:09 -0500 (CDT)

Please do not generalize about art museums (or any museum.) There are so
many museums out there that are interactive and doing wonderful things
to involve children and adults in art! We will have artist's boxes,
projects, and gallery games when we open. The Asian galleries at the
Denver Museum of Art has games and interactive activities. Education
departments are actively researching learning in museums and trying to
adapt to their many audiences.

Also, remember there are people who still want a peaceful, reflective
experience in art museums. We need to serve them, too!

Kathrine Walker, Education Coordinator, Beach Museum of Art, Kansas State

P.S. Living artists and Soho are great - use them too! Students should
be exposed to all aspects of the art world.