Re: Aesthetics

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Barbara Bridges (maine)
Mon, 2 Sep 1996 11:33:04 -0500 (CDT)

Henry,

Wooowee, you are very verbose and you do it so well!!! We Mainers are
sterotyped as a taciturn bunch and I guess there is a germ of truth in
many stereotypes.

Re: Defs for aesthetics. Phiosophy by it's very existence trys for
generalizations. I find it difficult to make any kind of definitive
declaration these days ... HOWEVER ... as educators we have a
responsibility to our students to do more then throw our hands in the
air and tell them " Who knows what are is?" We need to present the
possibilities. They make the choice. One of the old sages once said "
If art can be anything at all - then art is nothing at all". What say
You?????