Re: [teacherartexchange] Art for the Elementary School Teacher Workshop

---------

From: Art Teacher (artprofessor_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 15 2012 - 07:23:10 PDT

ART TEACHER on the NET
Enroll Today
(Fall Workshop) Starts September 17, 2012.
Sign up:
http://www.artmuseums.com/teach.htm

Join other elementary teachers who have attended this recommended art workshop.
Art for the Elementary Teacher gives practical tips, lesson plans,
and resources that make it easier to achieve your goals.

Recommendations from past participants:

Most recent recommendation first. . .

I have gained a lot from the workshop and I will try to be specific
about its benefits. I now have numerous ideas for lesson plans using a
variety of materials which relate to theme, age, integration of
subjects, ones that focus on the elements and standards of art,
intergenerational art projects, and ones that are take-offs from a
particular artist's style. I also have access to links which provide
free patterns and I can take virtual tours of exhibits from links
which you provided. I now know that I can borrow free dvds from
National Gallery of Art so that I can provide students with visual
information about artists and styles of art. It was valuable to learn
about classroom organization and the safety of art materials. As a
result of this class my growth as a potential art instructor, as well
as my own personal growth as an artist, has been tremendous! And yes,
I would recommend this class to anyone who teaches art to children!!

I have broadened my perspective on teaching, and gotten a lot of ideas
on how to reach children. I would recommend the course to my
coworkers. It would be good for further professional development.

It has been great to share ideas with others and gain new information
that I can use in my art classes. The websites are extremely helpful,
and I am glad to add those to my resources. I am looking forward to
using the format for looking at a work of art to encourage my students
to really look at a work of art in a whole new way. There are many
questions to choose from that will provide prompts for students when
writing about art.

I like the ideas for integrating art with other content areas. This
appeals to a variety of learning styles and strengthens skills
students can use across the curriculum and throughout their lives. I
plan to use the resources from this workshop to incorporate more
lessons that connect to other subjects.

I've enjoyed making some of the projects and will be able to use those
as examples when I teach the lessons.

I am especially excited about the ideas for planning a year of art. I
like the thought of planning the whole year and knowing what
objectives the students will be working toward. This will help when I
order supplies and will help me coordinate the lessons with the
different grade levels.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the workshop and would definitely recommend
it to others. Thank you very much for this opportunity.

I would recommend this course to classroom teachers, since they so
often have the opportunity to add some hands on learning to the
lesson.

I would also recommend this class to art teachers as a review.

Whether you are an experienced art teacher or have no prior art
experience, this workshop is for you. No prior art experience is
necessary. This is a workshop for public, private, and homeschool
teachers-or anyone who works with children's groups and need art
projects ideas and advice.

This 4 week workshop is entirely online and facilitated by an experienced
art professor.

The workshop will cover:

Art Lessons for Incorporating Art into Math, Science, and Reading
The Museum as Educator
Art Links that You Need to Know About
Bringing Art History into the Classroom
How to-Hands on Art Projects
Addressing Art Standards
Tips for Teaching Art to Children!

The fee for the non-credit workshop is $59.
Those who finish the class will receive an attractive Thank You for
Participation Certificate (No CEUs award for this non-credit 12 hour
workshop. Contact your district for information regarding professional
growth credits etc.