Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: September 10, 2012

---------

From: Kim Foster (Kim.Foster_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 11 2012 - 06:06:50 PDT

I have been using the Smartboard, or mine is called an ActivBoard (different software company), since 2006. I love it! The image quality is only as good as your projector. If your district/school purchases cheap projectors, you will have a poor color quality. Also the projectors need good bulbs! I got a new bulb two years ago and the difference was amazing. A dark room, lights out also helps. I use the software to create "powerpoint-type" presentations. You can imbed videos, create games, do practice quizes, allow students to draw over art images, and use a ruler for straight lines. Like anything, it takes practice and training. If you use an ActiveBoard, log into Promethean.com and you can even download art images and presentations others have made. Hope those who like to engage the 21st student, use this tool. I learn more every year! Our students are given their parents ipads or phones to entertain themselves when they are toddlers. Kids love working on the activeboard!

>>> "TeacherArtExchange Discussion Group digest" <teacherartexchange@lists.pub.getty.edu> 09/11/12 2:02 AM >>>
TEACHERARTEXCHANGE Digest for Monday, September 10, 2012.

1. Re: teacherartexchange digest: September 09, 2012
2. Constitution Day Activitiy