Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: September 09, 2012

---------

From: Margaret Angstadt (mangstadt_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 10 2012 - 06:13:54 PDT

Smartboards are VERY useful in my opinion.

Projectors -- get a GOOD projector -- it makes all the difference.
LUMENS -- get the most you can! I would also go for 'wireless'
capability in your projector, in case you want to use your laptop.

Smart document camera is on my list of 'wants'...makes giving and
recording demonstrations easy. (think "substitute" teacher...)
Another 'want' is a Wacom tablet ... lots of possibilities there...

There are a number of smartboard presentations available online, so
you don't have to re-invent the wheel, but not enough in ART yet. Go
to the "SMART Exchange" :
http://exchange.smarttech.com/search.html?subject=Art+and+Design

I don't use 'clickers' -- but I do have students use the board for
identifying and marking their interpretation of how the artist use
design principles/elements (in both my art and photography classes).

It helps when students are logging onto our new photography website
-- signing up and posting their images for discussion...

Great of PowerPoints and Prezi's ...

Hope this helps -- but remember LUMENS -- my art room has no windows
(I'm enjoying the same air that was left from last June...) and my old
projector is barely luminous enough to view work in total blackness...