Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] New to me artist - For high school lesson on social issues

From: Judy Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 08 2012 - 07:26:32 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

I know many of you have seen - or done - the lesson of Surrealism
Collage (using magazine images). Here is a new artist to use with the
lesson - tweaked for Social Issues: Frank Moore

I had never heard of Frank Moor until I read this New York Times article:
‘Toxic Beauty: The Art of Frank Moore’ at N.Y.U.

Since New York Times only allows ten free articles per month, I don't
share too many that I read. This is a good one - particularly if you
teach high school art. Frank Moore died from AIDS in 2002.

More about Frank C. Moore:
(note: there is also a performance artist Frank Moore - who is still living).

Frank Moore is not listed on ArtCyclopedia, but there are more
resources out there.

Judy Decker

To unsubscribe go to