[teacherartexchange] New to me artist - For high school lesson on social issues

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 08 2012 - 07:26:32 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

I know many of you have seen - or done - the lesson of Surrealism
Collage (using magazine images). Here is a new artist to use with the
lesson - tweaked for Social Issues: Frank Moore

I had never heard of Frank Moor until I read this New York Times article:
‘Toxic Beauty: The Art of Frank Moore’ at N.Y.U.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/07/arts/design/toxic-beauty-the-art-of-frank-moore-at-nyu.html

Since New York Times only allows ten free articles per month, I don't
share too many that I read. This is a good one - particularly if you
teach high school art. Frank Moore died from AIDS in 2002.

More about Frank C. Moore:
http://www.speronewestwater.com/cgi-bin/iowa/artists/record.html?record=13
http://www.artnet.com/artists/frank-moore/
(note: there is also a performance artist Frank Moore - who is still living).

Frank Moore is not listed on ArtCyclopedia, but there are more
resources out there.

Regards,

Judy Decker