[teacherartexchange] grade centers rephrase

---------

From: Betty B (bettycarol_40_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 15 2011 - 08:02:40 PDT

OK no responses to my question about grade centers, so I'll rephrase the
question.

How do I go from 1 teacher teaching 6-7-8 grade to 1 teacher teaching 5-6-7-8
grade?

My principal's first suggestion is no art for 5th graders. (we do not have
elementary art).

My only idea so far is doing 5th graders two days a week and 6th graders 3 days
a week. Keeping 7th and 8th as they are.

Any other suggestions welcome. They are cutting electives in order to add more
reading classes & I need to be actively involved in this process for obvious
reasons.

Thanks, Betty in OK