[teacherartexchange] changing to 5-8 grade center

---------

From: Betty B (bettycarol_40_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 14 2011 - 07:19:22 PDT

I would appreciate hearing from art educators at 5-8 grade centers with one art
teacher.

My district is considering making this move (from 6-8). They are also needing to
eliminate electives to increase reading classes. We do not have elementary art.
Nobody is talking about eliminating my program (that I know of!) but I want to
be proactive about having successful-elsewhere options to suggest. So, what
works for you?

Currently I see some of the 6th grade for 12 weeks. I have 3 mixed all-levels
7-8 grade classes, and one all-year "Art II" 8th grade class, made up of
students who had art in both 6th and 7th grade.

Thanks, Betty