Re: [teacherartexchange] block printing question

---------

From: Barbara Marder (marder621_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 08 2011 - 15:48:00 PDT

Thanks so much, Jerry.

What confused me about the whole process is that in India I observed block printing where the block was dipped into the color (ink, dye, paint?) and "stamped" onto the fabric. Apparently one has to apply the brayer to the block and print that way. Actually that did work for me, but was so labor intensive and messy since the block is small and the brayers I have are 6 inches.
But I do get a good print.

I was hoping to dip and stamp, but that is not going to work.

All the rest of your techniques are in place.

Thanks for info about what paper to use.

I appreciate it.

Barbara