Re: [teacherartexchange] Abstract thinking/metaphor

---------

From: watercolorwiz (watercolorwiz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 07 2011 - 15:54:37 PDT

Hey, Betty:
I do symbolic self-portraits with 7th graders. I use artist Hollis
Sigler--check out her video and exemplars at the Madison Contemporary Museum of
Art. Trying to figure out symbolism is hard. I'm going to have them think
about personification as well as metaphor as they create their work. Hope this
helps!