Re: [teacherartexchange] Integrating school themes with art

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 01 2011 - 06:07:10 PDT

Thanks for the update - I'm glad you will get a chance to teach art
again.
If I missed the post - what level are you teaching ? I'm doing a
workshop
back in Kansas at the state conference. We decided to skip NAEA in NY
but are planning for Fort Worth (Billy Bob's is there)>
                                                Woody

On Aug 31, 2011, at 10:41 PM, Maggie White wrote:

> Wow, wow, and wow, everyone! THANK YOU for all the fantastic
> ideas. I realized yesterday it's been five years since I taught art
> and so haven't thought like an art teacher for all that time. I was
> just drawing a blank looking at all those themes, when I used to
> have ideas galore.
>
> Woody, I do like a challenge. Quito was pretty easy for me and I
> wanted something totally different. Now I have it! Oman is a
> Muslim country--not as Westernized as the UAE (which didn't appeal
> to me) nor as restrictive as Saudi. Women have full rights here; ex-
> pat women are expected to dress conservatively but then I do
> anyway. Most women here wear an abaya and head scarf; I've seen
> very few fully veiled women. A local woman pointed out the
> advantages of an abaya: you can wear anything (or almost nothing)
> underneath, it's very comfortable, and...it doesn't need ironing.
> That got my attention!
>
> Maggie

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
         mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net