Re: RE:[teacherartexchange] Smocks

---------

From: KulasFamily (makul9_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 29 2010 - 15:02:10 PDT

I require my elementary students to bring a paint shirt from home and keep
it in their locker. I ask the classroom teachers to send them in their art
shirts every time - whether or not we really need them - it saves so much of
our art time and we do not need to worry about lice issues or even wet
paint- when the shirts are not shared. I collect old t-shirts (my sons seem
to grow shirts...) for the students who have not brought in the shirt and
require that they keep my shirt in their locker until they bring in their
own... again it saves time during the next meeting when they usually have
forgotten to bring it again. I really hate to lose those art minutes!
T-shirts are my preferred paint shirt because they are so easy to slip on
and the sleeves are a good length for students.
Mary in Northern MN