Re: [teacherartexchange] NAEA Conference and Re-certification hours - CEU's or PDH's

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 28 2010 - 11:53:01 PDT

Greetings Laurie and All,

I don't know what Arizona requirements are, but in Ohio. it is now
left up to the local districts for determining CEU (Continuing
Education Units) or PDH (Professional Development Hours) for attending
conferences. In my former district, one needed to submit a
Professional Development Plan to be reviewed. I had a permanent
certificate, so wasn't required to do so. I would check with the
education association at your school on how to obtain credit. There
isn't one size fits all answer to your question.

Just out of curiosity, I did search the NAEA-Reston site and didn't
find anything about obtaining CEU credits for the National Convention
- but did see some other opportunities in the recent news.

Hope this helps.

Judy Decker

As always, if anyone posts a reply, please remove my email address
from your post before you click "Send".