Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

RE: [teacherartexchange] color wheel worksheet

From: San D Hasselman (shasselman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 26 2010 - 17:54:33 PDT

One of my colleagues taught the colorwheel to that level using white icing and food coloring and vanilla wafers. It was always a hit.
I was always surprised when 9th and 10th graders didn't know color theory. I always thought they should have that nailed by the time they got to 9th grade.
When I taught 9th and 10th beginnign Foundations classes I would always do drawing with value first, then translate the drawings into monochromatic paintings, then I transitioned into color, using complements for shading and white for tints.
San D

To unsubscribe go to