RE:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: September 25, 2010

---------

From: Sue Ossanna (sueossanna_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 26 2010 - 09:09:44 PDT

I teach k-2 art at one school and 3-5 at another school. All the regular
classroom teachers get at least one prep a day and (2 preps a day, three
days a week.) I also get one prep a day, but on the day that I had 2, I was
placed in a K classroom to teach Basic Skills reading and math. At the 3-5
school, I just found out that I will be teaching Basic skills reading and
math as well. I cannot tell you how this has helped the children yet. I
can tell you, however that is has taken the time I used to research into art
contests, extra art technology set-up, preparing materials in bulk for my
close to 700 students and enrichment activities for artists. I guess it is
just what we have to do because our contract only gives us one prep. But I
am not thrilled.
Sue in NJ where they also refuse to pay for a substitute so I could attend
the AENJ Art Conference which I paid for myself.