[teacherartexchange] Sketchbook project

---------

From: San D Hasselman (shasselman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 20 2010 - 16:39:22 PDT

I just joined this project, called the sketchbook project. For a fee, you get a sketchbook, and pick a theme (or get one randomly) and make art in the book. At the due date, you send your finished sketchbook back and then it and 18,000 (if everyone finishes and hands it in) other books tour the country, and then they finally land in Brooklyn. See the site for information. I decided on getting the random theme, and got "make mine a double" and am thinking of doing a "siamese twin" of everthing in the book, and popping everything up. You can collage, draw, cut out, pop up, paste, anything you want in the book. Another cool thing is when it is touring, whenever anyone sees your book (they are barcoded) you will get an email that someone is looking at your work.

http://www.arthousecoop.com/projects/sketchbookproject

San D