Re: [teacherartexchange] art clubs

---------

From: Diane Davis (dianemdavis_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 19 2010 - 09:16:53 PDT

I have a drop in art club. We have a system in the school where the
teachers get paid for holding afterschool activities, but this pay
must be made up of fees the kids pay. I felt that in this poor
economic time, it didn't seem right that kids had to pay for coming to
a low key art class. So I hold it for free (my volunteerism to the
school) once a week. the kids do what they want, and I assist. Most of
the time it is paper mache or drawing or working with junk sculpture.
How can you charge $45 for 6 weeks to work with junk sculpture? So
they have fun, and I feel like I'm reaching a portion of the community
that loves art but may not have the money to pursue it.
Diane