Re: [teacherartexchange] 6th grade art -drawing

---------

From: KulasFamily (makul9_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 15 2010 - 04:21:14 PDT

I also have had good experiences teaching contour drawing to younger
students (even 3rd) - I think keeping the drawings to just a few minutes
each and not too many in one sitting is key here. They are our warm-up
exercises. We transition to a drawing done without the "blinder" - often
with water-soluble pencils... Those few minutes spent concentrating on the
contours really improve these drawings.
Mary in Northern MN