RE: [teacherartexchange] 6th grade art

---------

From: San D Hasselman (shasselman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 14 2010 - 08:19:06 PDT

In an honest discussion, there are no hard feelings. Sometimes I think we try to do too much. Less truly is more when teaching. I have often been heard to say when I taught, "we aren't an Arts High' meaning, if we give solid lessons students can move on to bigger and better studio experiences at college. We teach them to problem solve, and about principles and elements, and in turn they can go on to more complicated experiences as they move up the educational ladder. For example there was no need for our high school students to learn how to cast silver in a jewelry class, but there was a need to show them how to design and use the jeweler's saw and cut and manipulate nickle silver.

San D