Re: [teacherartexchange] 6th grade art

---------

mwhite139_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Tue Sep 14 2010 - 07:02:17 PDT

Hi, Jean,

San D, Heather, and Gayle have given you some good advice. I had a very difficult time my first year teaching 5-8 like Gayle did. Do not let them bully you, like the girl who has a problem with ¨blind¨ contour.

I won them over with an assignment in each grade that made use of their names or initials. The results were fantastic without the pressure of having to ´¨draw something.¨ For sixth grade, I did a ¨graffitti name¨ that I found on Incredible Art Department. I changed it slightly to suit myself and they came out great After that, they pretty much trusted me for more advanced assignments.

Maggie