Re: [teacherartexchange] 6th grade art

---------

From: Gayle Parent (gayleparent_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 14 2010 - 06:51:43 PDT

A number of people are advising against blind contour drawing, but I would like to say that I taught blind contour to my 4, 5 and 6th grade students last year and they actually loved it. They did look like the items they were drawing (my projector, the bookshelf with flag in background, etc.) and they looked just like the results I remember from high school and college. I just prepared them that this was for training their brain and eyes to draw and that the results would look strange. When they finished one subject I told them that they looked EXACTLY like they should. I think they learned something, and they were very accepting of the results.