[teacherartexchange] Rock 'n' Roll Theme

---------

From: Mark Paradise (MParadise_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 07 2010 - 06:01:15 PDT

Hi,
I'm responding to a thread that I found from this past July. It involved Rock 'n' Roll as an art theme. Someone mentioned the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, OH.
Having relatives living in Cleveland, I was visiting a number of years ago. To my surprise there were giant electric guitar sculptures all around Cleveland on many street corners. Turns out the program was sponsored by the Hall of Fame. Local artists/groups were asked to create giant (7-9') guitars decorated in whatever themes they chose. I took many photos of as many guitars as I could find.
When I returned home to CT, I had my eighth grade art classes design their own "thematic guitars" out of clay (about 10-12" tall). We fired them, painted them w/acrylics and them strung them with colored wire for the strings. To display them, I gave each student a mini photo easel. They were a great project and one that has been very popular with the students ever since.
Mark

NOTICE:
This e-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by replying to the original message at the listed email address. Thank You.