Re: [teacherartexchange] best tempera paint?

---------

From: Laura Drietz (laura_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 03 2010 - 10:32:26 PDT

The last school I worked for always gets the Sax (School Specialty) tempera
paints. Pretty accurate color mixing. I also loved using the tempera cakes.
You get the color/intensity of the tempera, with the ease of use of a
watercolor. Saves SO much paint...the cakes I had were 3 years old, and
still had another year or so of use left. Get extra yellow in the cakes
though, that goes fast! I had middle school students, but both would work
great for younger levels as well. For the tempera cakes, I didn't like them
to have the "sets" so I just put a red, yellow, and blue on an ice cream
pail lid for them to use.

---Laura Drietz