Re: [teacherartexchange] best tempera paint?

---------

From: Ken Schwab (bicyclken_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 03 2010 - 08:32:26 PDT

I did a chromatic scale project in my Art 1 classes that I feel is very doable
in middle school. It relied on the kids mixing the secondaries and tertiaries
after learning about the chromatic scale with a color chart. We made
compositions with different types of lines that are seperate and not crossing.
The lines included bent, straight, curved, co-centirc, etc. and were drawn out
on newsprint and transfered to chip-board later. Starting with Yellow, follow
the chromatic scale such as: YG, G, BG, B, BV, V, RV, R, RO, O, YO, back to
yellow and write on the newsprint how these color will be placed in the design.
the students had to include all the colors with in the design at least once.
After transfering the design to chip-board I gave them Red, Yellow and Blue and
asked them tomix the other colors and use the design to place them. It was
interesting to see the different spectrum paintings and it was also teaching
good painting skills as well as mixing color. There is an example on my
website: artteacherplans.com

Ken Schwab