Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: September 01, 2010

---------

From: Christina Spencer (cmspencer01_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 02 2010 - 18:20:05 PDT

Does anyone know what counts and where to find opportunities for clock hours?
My Minnesota Teaching License Art K-12 expires 6/2012.  I haven't
taught in a school district yet.  I currently teach at a daycare.  I'm
hoping a few hours that I gain for professional development in early
childhood may work.  I contacted my local school district and they
weren't much help at all, because I'm not a current employee.  Just
gave me a form to fill out for clock hours.  I want to know of any
workshops, online classes ect.  I plan on attending the Education
Minnesota Professional Conference in October.  That will have
workshops that count for clock hours in reading instruction,
identifying early-onset mental illness in students, or positive
behavioral interventions/instructional strategies to meet the needs of
all learners, or technology.
Any other ideas on how to gain clock hours?
thank you
Christina