Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

RE: [teacherartexchange] Themes/ Unit/ Resource Ideas

From: Pokojski, Kelly (Kelly-Pokojski_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 01 2010 - 15:08:58 PDT

I teach in a very limited school also and I find that having art
supplies on the school supply list is essential...

Crayola 24 count colored pencils
Crayola 8 count water colors

I usually assign each grade anything from scissors to glue to erasers or
colored pencils...5.00 each grade is the average.

I teach elements of art with integrated art history in the lower grades
beginning with line and then projects surrounding a period of art and
artist for grades 5-8.

Lastly, I plan my art so the lessons are the same for grades 1/2, 3/4,
5/6 and 7/8...I teach in the Junior High also and I am a homeroom
teacher so I need to cut back on the number of different activities.

I also have two rooms so it's fun and unique as teaching goes.

I find that these great teachers have wonderful ideas and have posted
curriculums in the past...

Good luck.