[teacherartexchange] sketchbooks

---------

From: jeryl HOLLINGSWORTH (hollingsworth005_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 01 2010 - 15:05:50 PDT

My 3rd - 6th graders make sketchbooks using the cheap paper folders with prongs
and pockets. I watch for the sales and get them for .05 at Staples at the
beginning of the year. We hole punch about 25 sheets of copy paper and put it in
the folders. I use a different color for each class - they put their name and
class code on the cover and then can decorate. I like the pockets because they
can store notes or small projects there. At the end of class, each table group
stacks their sketchbooks going the same direction and I pick them up as I check
their tables and supply baskets. I store the sketchbooks in the lid of a copy
paper box. I put each stack in the box alternating so before their next class, I
grab the box off from the shelf used to store their class' work. I have 4 sets
of table groups so I just put a stack at each table and as they come in to sit
down they can quickly get their book and sit down and start on their sketchbook
assignment which is posted on the board (theoretically)!!
        Jeryl in SC