[teacherartexchange] Themes/ Unit/ Resource Ideas

---------

From: sarah k (sarah.kerns3_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 01 2010 - 14:41:12 PDT

Hello All,

I've been given the huge task of creating an awesome art program at
our new school. I have very limited materials and a great amount of
time with each class. I have worked with K-8 children before, but not
always in a classroom setting (more like summer camp). I think one of
the easiest things for me, at least for this year and more on the
elementary side, is to break the school year into themes and/ or
units. Does anyone have suggestions for successful themes/ units/
lessons that have worked for them? Or could you lead me in the
direction of some good resources for developing my program?

Thanks and Happy School Year!

Sarah K.