Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Themes/ Unit/ Resource Ideas

From: sarah k (sarah.kerns3_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 01 2010 - 14:41:12 PDT

Hello All,

I've been given the huge task of creating an awesome art program at
our new school. I have very limited materials and a great amount of
time with each class. I have worked with K-8 children before, but not
always in a classroom setting (more like summer camp). I think one of
the easiest things for me, at least for this year and more on the
elementary side, is to break the school year into themes and/ or
units. Does anyone have suggestions for successful themes/ units/
lessons that have worked for them? Or could you lead me in the
direction of some good resources for developing my program?

Thanks and Happy School Year!

Sarah K.

To unsubscribe go to