Re: [teacherartexchange] Getting the Guys Interested in Journaling ??

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (SMILLER_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 01 2010 - 12:51:01 PDT

How ever you choose to make your pages and cover, when you're ready to poke the
holes for the binding, clamp the whole thing together and use a power drill to make
holes. The boys love it. Put an empty box under the drilling space so you won't be
drilling the desks. You can bind with binding combs--usually you can find a binding
machine somewhere in your school. You can also buy binder rings and just use 2 or 3 of
them to hold it all together. It's loose but you can easily add and take out pages.

>>> <BigCrab99@aol.com> 9/1/2010 5:28 AM >>>

School begins for me on Tuesday after Labor Day! I am planning to do
sketchbook journals with eighth graders. I have found many cool journalilng
ideas online and on You Tube, but I am need a few ideas that will really
"grab" the boys in my class. I plan to give a variety of ideas/lessons from
which they can choose, and I want to include several that will really relate
to the boys.

Carolyn in Virginia Beach (watching Earl!!)