[teacherartexchange] metal stool solution

---------

From: Foell, Marlyn_at_TeacherArtExchange (Marlyn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 30 2009 - 05:41:59 PDT

Hi all:

I have had those metal/masonite stools for about 30 years. When the
rings snapped, my hubby came up with an idea. We drilled a hole about
3/16" thru the leg and thru the ring where the original spot weld was.
Then inserted a bolt thru it with an acorn or self-tightening nut on the
end. (got it all at ace hardware). It's a reasonably cheap fix for the
stools and you can get years more life outta them. I have some that
have all four legs bolted. That spot weld is the weak part...once
they're bolted, it's pretty easy.

IF you have a lot to do, you might negotiate with the hardware to sell
you what you need in bulk for a discount.

I have a zip loc with extra bolts, nuts and the right sized drill bit in
my desk drawer for when I need to make the repairs.
Marlyn in FL
Due to Florida's broad public records law, most written communications
to or from government employees regarding public education are public
records. Therefore, this e-mail communication may be subject to public disclosure.