RE:[teacherartexchange] buying stools

---------

From: Karen Mitchell (KLMitchell_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 29 2009 - 04:47:47 PDT

We have the exact same problem. Our solution was to buy 100% wooden
stools - wood legs, supports, etc. So far, the wooden stools are holding
up better than our (few) remaining metal ones.

Karen Mitchell
Pasadena High School
Pasadena, TX
________________________________

Subject: buying stools
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 07:48:09 GMT

I have 18" high stools in the art classroom studio and we have finally
run out of reserves. These have metal legs with a ring inside the stool
legs and an inset piece of masonite on the seat. I like that part
because students have painted them, but they also stand on the ring
which is only lightly welded!! I am looking to replace them with
something that is hopefully sturdier, Does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks in advance,
Linda Kieling
middle school in Oregon