Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: September 28, 2009

From: Kimberly Ans (kans_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 29 2009 - 08:29:41 PDT

When I am marking for participation or progress i don't provide the
student with a rubric but rather a specific task to meet. For example
i know that if they are working they will easily get three layers of
paper on their paper mache sculpture (or at least close to three
layers). If they are drawing they are told at the beginning of the
week that they have to meet a certain goal to receive progress marks.
i still give them the opportunity to catch up but it is either over
the weekend at home or they are required to attend a Time and Support
block (my school has developed into the time table a 45 minute time
period 4 days a week for catch up on anything they might be behind on)

At the end of an assignment I always have a rubric for marking that
incorporates the learning outcomes, use of class time etc

To unsubscribe go to