Re: [teacherartexchange] Plastic Picture Plane

---------

From: Dulcius (dulcius_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 28 2009 - 15:10:06 PDT

I use them for two of the projects on my Artsonia page from last year - the
Hand Ribbon Contour, based on the Betty Edwards exercise, and the Negative
Space Plant Collage. I tell the kids the Picture Planes are like training
wheels - just a way to get used to things, but they won't use (or need) it
for long, because the goal is to "internalize" it. I think it works great
to get them used to the concepts of contour and negative space. After each
of those two projects, we do a related project WITHOUT the "P.P.'s". I have
found they are so much more successful on these subsequent projects after
having worked with these simple tools.
-Lydia in Toledo
Toledo School for the Arts,