Re: [teacherartexchange] Assignments for suspended students

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 28 2009 - 13:44:59 PDT

Greetings Tina,

I always took pretty good care of my suspended students (of course,
never suspended for anything they did in art class).

Altered Books - or Altered Book tip in pages - is an excellent
suggestion. I am not sure how far the students would go without
instruction. There is a lesson on Incredible Art Department as well as
examples of Tip In pages. If you need help on what a Tip In page is,
write to me off list (do not post a reply that includes my email
address - please).

Another suggestion would be a collage that deals with some kind of
social injustice using old magazines. There are lessons on IAD about
social comment. Maybe - just maybe you will get the students to think
about their own behaviour?

Have them work on a portrait of sorts about a personal hero (and write
why that person is a hero). I do have some Heroes lessons on IAD, too.

My mind is just swimming with more ideas for you - but I have already
spent way too much time answering questions/emails today (9:00 am to
4:40 pm is a long time to be at a computer -- oh, I did take a few
breaks - but not for long -- smile). Mind you, I am enjoying getting
back into a bit of my "former life" - but now have more things to
attend to.

Best wishes,

Judy Decker

Reminder to all members: Please remember to remove email addresses
when you click reply. It only takes a second of your time.