Re: [teacherartexchange] help ordering clay

---------

From: Dobbelaere (dobbe_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 28 2009 - 12:42:44 PDT

Hey I don't know where you live but I get my clay from a local college they
sell it to th elocal art teachers and we just pick up th ebags everyso often
I have 3 clay cl;asses all year and I order about 30 -35 bags of clay from
thenm they weigh about 30 pounds each and cost me about $17 a bag if I
order through Sax or United arts I get half as much clay and they charge
what the clay costs in shipping. It is a stone ware and we hand build and
throw on the wheels also make tiles and carved slabs you might want to
check with some of your local colleges to see if they also do this service.
The Prof at the college hires a kid to mix it in th emixers and sells the
bags. I just make a P.O. out to the college.
Sandy Dobbelaere