[teacherartexchange] help ordering clay

---------

From: paulette keck (paulettekeck_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 28 2009 - 05:16:13 PDT

Hello there LIST,

I am lucky enough to be in a brand new
building this year with more equipment than anticipated. I teach 6th
grade art at an arts middle school and I have the room that will become
the high school art room as we grow into a 6-12 school. We have pottery
wheels and drying cabinets and 2 small to medium front loading kilns.
While I don't think we'll get into using the wheels this year, I want
to order a clay that can be used for both hand building and throwing so
I can build up a consistent program.

Its been 10 years since I
taught ceramics of any kind. I typically order out of the Sax catalog,
but am somewhat dumbfounded when I look at all the options.  I know I
need some bats, a storage container and clay. What would you suggest?

Thanks so much for your help.