[teacherartexchange] Ten Lessons the Arts Teach - plus curriculum site

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 26 2009 - 11:05:55 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

Alan Haskvitz often posts valuable links to Art Education list. One
curriculum site that was posted today is excellent (from what I have
seen so far - haven't finished browsing).

American School of Bombay Visual Arts
http://www.asbindia.info/asb21/

Included is a link to Ten Lessons the Arts Teach (which goes to the
old NAEA site). Here is the new link:
http://www.arteducators.org/olc/pub/NAEA/advocacy/advocacy_page_5.html
 NAEA home:
http://www.arteducators.org/olc/pub/NAEA/home/
I haven't even updated my own links yet....will add that to my "to do" list.

The site also has a link the NCREL's pdf file for 21st Century skills
(over 80 page pdf file).
If you want to read this file later - save it from the site. I
couldn't find it on NCREL's site.
http://www.asbindia.info/asb21/engauge21st.pdf

This school is making an attempt in the curriculum to merge what has
been done in the past (sort of a DBAE approach) with the need for
adapting to the digital age and new problem solving skills. I will
explore the site further, but time is limited today.
Take a look at the Quick View "map".

For those of you who are not familiar with TAB Choice (Teaching for
Artistic Behavior), check it out. This method of teaching is all about
problem solving - with focus on 21st Century Skills. Please check
their site:
http://teachingforartisticbehavior.org/

Note to Alan: Please continue posting great curriculum/art education
sites. Folks are always asking for them. I don't seem to have time to
browse anymore myself. Most of my collection of links I have are
outdated. Due to back problems and wrist problems I can only spend
about two hours a day at my machine (which is actually a good thing -
I was spending 8 to 16 hours a day in the past). Thanks for all you do
for educators. I have my "own little world" to take care of now - a 75
gallon freshwater aquarium with fish from many parts of the world (had
it since June 2006). I don't have Africa yet - but that will change
soon (I am bringing back some on my next trip to visit with my son in
Kentucky - they have better fish stores there).

Note: Alan's site is Reach Every Child:
http://www.reacheverychild.com/

Just told my hubby it is "Banned Book Week" (he teaches high school
English - he should have fun with that).
http://www.reacheverychild.com/feature/banned-books.html

Regards,

Judy Decker

Note to Getty list members: If you post a reply to this message,
delete my email address. It only takes you a second of your time. This
email notifying you of valuable information took me several minutes to
write. If you want me to continue to share valuable information with
you, respect my request for your time - Do not post my email address.
Yes, you may call me "controlling" - but I prefer you to exercise self
control (smile).