[teacherartexchange] demo using webcam

---------

From: Betty B (bettycarol_40_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 23 2009 - 10:09:08 PDT

Hi everybody. Today I tried demo-ing painting using my webcam and smartboard.

I hooked my webcam up to my little laptop that is connected to the smarboard, and set up a small painting and easel on a desk. The cords are all pretty short, so I'm not as much out of the kids' way as I'd hoped, but it is better than sitting on the floor (where I started first hour!)

The software I'm using to run through is my claymation software "Stop Motion Pro", so the image is a little jerky and the focus is ok, not great.

Mostly I wanted the kids to see how I can block colors in on top of my underpainting. I have over 20 kids per hour, so this seemed like a good thing to try.

If anybody has any tips and tricks, or a good program to use that is smoother, I'd love to know. Otherwise, I still call it a success, although it takes some planning to set up in advance, not something I could do on the fly.