[teacherartexchange] Powerful portraiture project for high school students

---------

From: Ben Schumaker (ben_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 22 2009 - 09:21:27 PDT

Greetings All,

I want to let you know that the Memory Project is currently searching
for talented high school artists to create portraits for some very
special kids!

In the Memory Project, advanced students (drawing, painting, graphics,
or digital) receive photos of kids in orphanages around the world.
The students then create portraits of the kids, and we send those
portraits to the orphanages for the kids to have as special gifts.
Over 20,000 American high school students have participated during the
past five years, and participation is open at any point during the
school year.

The following page gives an overview of the participation process, how
much it costs, the timeline, etc: www.thememoryproject.org/process

Would love to have your advanced artists involved. Please contact me
with any questions!

Thanks very much,

Ben Schumaker
Memory Project Director