[teacherartexchange] Georgia O'Keeffe

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 22 2009 - 06:17:34 PDT

That new made for TV movie on Georgia O'Keeffe will air again tonight
(Tuesday Sept. 22nd) on Lifetime Television.
I missed it on the 19th because we don't get the Lifetime Movie
channel. This time it's on the Lifetime channel we do get.
Check your local listings for broadcasts times.

          "Georgia O’Keeffe revisits the turbulent, 20-year
relationship of O’Keeffe (Joan Allen) and her husband, legendary
photographer Alfred Stieglitz (Jeremy Irons). The film explores their
complex interdependence, in which O’Keeffe struggled to accommodate
Stieglitz’s powerful persona while trying to establish an independent
artistic path of her own. As O’Keeffe’s fame grew, she increasingly
needed new inspiration for her work and in 1929 she began spending
part of the year working in New Mexico, which became her permanent
home in 1949. There she began to reshape her image into the one we are
so familiar with today."

                                                        Be Sure to Watch, Woody

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
         mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net