RE:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: September 21, 2009

---------

From: Robin Phillips (rphillips_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 22 2009 - 04:47:46 PDT

Jeryl,

I do a similar set up, but yours sounds like it might be even better. Would you mind sending me a copy of your sheet?

Thanks!

Robin in PA
robinmcp@hotmail.com

Subject: k-8 planner
From: jeryl HOLLINGSWORTH <hollingsworth005@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 15:16:20 -0700 (PDT)

I was having the same problem of trying to keep up with which class got how much accomplished and who will miss because of picture day, field trip, speakers for Constitution Day, etc, etc. I started using a planner sheet that I made up last year and it works for me. I make a table with 5 boxes across and 6 rows down. That is all that will fit on the page- I wish it was 9 weeks. I put in the dates in the boxes so it looks like calendar pages. I type in any holidays or inservice days. Then I make 7 copies of the page so I have one page for each grade level ( I teach kdg thru 6th grade) I staple the pages together and write the teacher at the top of the page. Like on the 6th grade page at the top on Monday I write in Batten and on Tues. write in Smith and on Friday write in Wood. Then when I am making plans I can write in on each block what we accomplished. Right now my Monday classes are behind because of Labor Day and we started the school year on a
 Tuesday. I can tell by looking at this chart that my 2nd grade classes that come on MOnday and Friday will have only 4 classes in 6 weeks because of holidays and inservice days while the Tuesday 2nd grade has art 6 times. So I planned an extra project for that class. Write it all in with pencil!!! It has helped me keep my sanity. And not set paint up for a class that isn't ready! I could send one of the pages as a sample if someone wants. Might be hard to visualize.
       Jeryl in wet wet SC ( we had to postpone our pinwheels until maybe tomorrow??)