RE: Re: [teacherartexchange] K-8 Planner Help

---------

From: Cheryl Lloyd (clloyd_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 17 2009 - 19:46:05 PDT

Hi Roshanda,
I also use an excel spreadsheet that I make myself with boxes for each period. My students come to me at strange times like 10:05-10:50, so I never remember who is coming and when. I keep it to one page with simple notes about the lessons (lesson objective, materials, etc.) Then I have color coded file folders with print outs of the lesson plans, rubrics, and examples. I keep them on my desk in a hanging file crate. I have them organized by grade level colored coded. There nametags are the same color. I also use sketchbooks where students write down notes about the lesson and paste small photos of artists, works, examples. I keep these printed and copied in library pockets that I glue to the front of the file folder.

This seems to work well for me. I only work with about 15 classes a week,so it is a manageable system.

I love hearing everyone else's ideas on this topic. Organization is such an important topic in teaching and I love all these BFOs (Blinding Flash of the Obvious). I am constantly amazed at how many times a day I think, that's great...why didn't I think of that years ago? Thanks everyone...keep em' coming.

Cheri Lloyd
Ceres, CA