Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: September 16, 2009

From: Jerry Vilenski (jvilenski_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 17 2009 - 08:46:27 PDT

I used to try to use a standard teacher's planner, but because they are geared toward academic classrooms, that didn't work out. I just decided to create my own system. I laid out a grid system with a column for class times on the left, and boxes with each class labeled with the homeroom teacher laid out horizontally across the page. I constructed what I would call "two weeks at a glance", enabling me to quickly see which groups I would teach each day and which step in a project I was teaching. On the bottom of the page, I put a place for days and dates. This was laid out in legal size, easily xeroxed and bound into a booklet. I did not find it necessary to get too detailed in each box, just indicate the name of the project. If you are interested, contact me off-list and I will send you an example.