[teacherartexchange] K-8 Planner Help

---------

From: Sue Cosgrove (cosgrovs_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 17 2009 - 06:23:31 PDT

Hello. Here is what I have started doing. I make an 8 1/2 X 11 example
of all of my projects. Take photos of the 3D stuff. I write the
directions on the back and laminate them. Then I keep these in a
notebook.

I have created a generic lesson plan according to my district's specs
for each of my broad areas specific to each grade level. Each of these
generic lesson plans has the state curricular info in it too. I just
leave the materials list and instructions out of the lesson plans. I
slip my laminated example with instructions in the notebook in the
lesson plan. This way I don't have to write a whole new lesson plan for
each new project. And when my district changes formats for their lesson
plans (which they love to do) I can just change a few pages and it works
with all my projects over the years.

My goal is to have a notebook headed with drawing lesson plans for all
levels. Then have a painting notebook etc. I keep the current lesson
plan and example on my desk in case I am evaluated. Also I have a
project wall with each grade level labeled. I hang the example under
the tag for the grade level. Students and I always know what they are
doing and know what their brothers and sisters are doing as well.

Sue Cosgrove
Art Teacher
Carroll Elementary School
817-949-4353

Success is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm.