Re: [teacherartexchange] Artist in Residence?

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 15 2009 - 05:54:14 PDT

Greetings Harper and All,

Have you contacted the Milwaukee Artists Resource Network (MARN)?
http://www.artinmilwaukee.com/view_all_artists.jsp?ctg=2

Looks like they would have a number of artists from which to choose.
I recommend asking or a portfolio and also asking if they have had any
experience working with children. Some may be fantastic artists but
not have the patience to work with the students. Then personally view
some of their children's installation projects. Do they look like the
children did the work? or do they look like the artist took over and
"corrected" what the children did? Lima City Schools has had some
GREAT Ohio artists. I know they found them through the Ohio Arts
Council.

Hope this helps,

Judy Decker

Note: Remember to remove email addresses if you post a response. See
how I changed it to "Harper Martin wrote:" That only took me a second
to do. One second of your time helps reduce Spam all of us receive.
You folks have no idea the volume I receive on my old Gmail account -
all quite disgusting stuff.