Re: [teacherartexchange] jewelry teachers

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (SMILLER_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 14 2009 - 12:20:58 PDT

I try to make everyone gather around me--closest ones sitting, others
standing and show everyone once--then I go around to each of the 6 tables
and talk about what to do once again-then work with individuals. There are
cool devices that your school may have like an Elmo or giant mirrors over
your work space or projectors that show your work on a screen. I find that
canned presentations (like videos) aren't very effective--better to have me
show them, then they try it and I help when they need it.
My students are terrible listeners--telling them information is almost a
waste of time--they need to see it. I'm worried about their future job
security!

>>> "deb m." <artistpunk@gmail.com> 9/13/2009 5:10 AM >>>
This is my first year teaching a jewelry class and I was wondering how
other HS teachers do their demonstrations - the work is so small I've
had to break the class into groups and demonstrate about 4 times. In
the meantime I can't help the rest of the class - there has to be a
better way?

-*Scanned by ECSD GWAVA*-