Re: [teacherartexchange] jewelry teachers

---------

From: Gabrielle Bliss (Gabrielle.Bliss_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 13 2009 - 12:53:12 PDT

I teach Jewelry and YES, it is SO frustrating, even WITH all of the things people have
suggested. Additional things that I do- I didn't read the whole email but if it wasn't
mentioned videotape all demonstrations, find a kid that can edit for extra credit and post all
demos on you website. My grand experiment this year is getting students to work more
cooperativley in jewelry. Part of their grade is that everyone at the table has to finish. I find I
have a number of students who pick things up quicker but the rest of the class just sits and
waits for private instruction from me. I am trying to get everyone to be a teacher.

Gabrielle Bliss
Visual Arts
Thomas Edison High School
700 22nd Ave NE