Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

RE: [teacherartexchange] jewelry teachers

From: San D Hasselman (shasselman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 13 2009 - 05:22:03 PDT

I haven't taught jewelry in over 20 years. Three ideas come immediately to mind.
1) put a powerpoint together.
2) get a demonstration table, which essentially is a table with a tilted mirror overhead. (our home ec teachers had one)
3) Do a live feed with a video camera that gets projected onto a screen or TV (of course make a video of it to save to show the next group). Live feed isn't that hard to do, you need a camera, tripod, cables from camera to either your computer, tv or projector (ask your tech folks).
San D

> This is my first year teaching a jewelry class and I was wondering how
> other HS teachers do their demonstrations - the work is so small I've
> had to break the class into groups and demonstrate about 4 times. In
> the meantime I can't help the rest of the class - there has to be a
> better way?

To unsubscribe go to