[teacherartexchange] Umbrellas In Bryce Canyon:

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 11 2009 - 17:05:18 PDT

Umbrellas In Bryce Canyon:
            It only seems fitting that it would be raining today as I
worked on the drawing for my new painting. The idea for this
composition has been in my head since we took the triplets to Bryce
Canyon. When Timothy and I got to the bottom of the trail it began to
rain. So we just got wet and wetter as we carefully walked up the
slippery trail getting out of the canyon. Just ahead of us were a
group of Japanese tourists. As it began to rail the umbrellas opened
up. I shot several photos of that line of colorful umbrellas as they
bobbed along the trail. I knew then that this had to develop into a
painting sooner or later.
                                        Woody
http://www.taospaint.com/WoodysBlog09/UmbrellasInBryce.jpg

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque